Chinese vice premier concludes Pakistan trip
Islamabad: Chinese Vice Premier Meng Jianzhu has concluded his two-day official trip to Pakistan that took place amid strained US-Pakistan ties.
Meng flew out of Islamabad Tuesday.
During the trip, he held meetings with Pakistani leadership including President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
He also met top military brass.
The ties between Washington and Islamabad became strained after US officials accused Pakistan and its spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence, of supporting Al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network. Pakistan has denied the charge.
Pakistan and China Monday inked several agreements worth Rs.250 million on economic and technical cooperation, emergency humanitarian assistance and rehabilitation of some damaged parts of the National Highways networks.
The vice premier expressed Beijing`s support to its "all-weather friend" in difficult times and said it will standby it in hour of need, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?