Chinese Vice President Xi to visit Japan
Beijing: Chinese Vice President Xi
Jinping will leave Monday for Japan on the first leg of a
four-nation Asian tour that will also take him to South
Korea, Cambodia and Myanmar, the Foreign Ministry said today.
Xi`s trip to Japan will be especially significant as
it is the first by a Chinese state leader under the government
of Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, ministry spokeswoman Jiang
Yu said at a regular news briefing.
"During his visit, Vice President Xi Jinping will meet
with the Japanese government, Japan`s ruling and main
opposition parties and engage in broad interaction with all
walks of society," Jiang said.
"We hope that this visit will further strengthen
mutual political trust between China and Japan...and promote
the advancement of strategic and reciprocal China-Japan ties,"
Xi will be in Japan from Monday to Wednesday before
flying into Seoul, Jiang said.
Xi`s visit follows a series of diplomatic exchanges
between the two countries that analysts say signal a warming
in fragile China-Japan ties under the Hatoyama government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT