Chinese vineyard owner dies in Bordeaux crash
Paris: A Chinese businessman, his 12-year-old son and two other people died in a helicopter crash as they toured Bordeaux vineyards he had recently purchased, French authorities said on Monday.
Lam Kok, who headed Hong Kong-based company Brilliant Group, drew attention in the French media when he bought the chateau, one of a string of Chinese purchases of French vineyards in recent years.
Emergency workers have recovered the boy`s body and most of the helicopter from the Dordogne River, but are still searching for the other victims, said Vincent Corbel of the regional gendarme service. He added that the reason for the Friday night crash is unclear.
The former owner of the Chateau de la Riviere vineyards, James Gregoire, owned the helicopter and appeared to have been piloting it, Corbel said. He added that the helicopter, a Robinson R44, had undergone maintenance checks two days before the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you