Chinese vineyard owner dies in Bordeaux crash
Paris: A Chinese businessman, his 12-year-old son and two other people died in a helicopter crash as they toured Bordeaux vineyards he had recently purchased, French authorities said on Monday.
Lam Kok, who headed Hong Kong-based company Brilliant Group, drew attention in the French media when he bought the chateau, one of a string of Chinese purchases of French vineyards in recent years.
Emergency workers have recovered the boy`s body and most of the helicopter from the Dordogne River, but are still searching for the other victims, said Vincent Corbel of the regional gendarme service. He added that the reason for the Friday night crash is unclear.
The former owner of the Chateau de la Riviere vineyards, James Gregoire, owned the helicopter and appeared to have been piloting it, Corbel said. He added that the helicopter, a Robinson R44, had undergone maintenance checks two days before the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why