Chinese who pushed man in front of train declared mental
Beijing: A Chinese man has been declared a mental patient by a court and sentenced to compulsory psychiatric treatment after he was convicted of pushing a passenger in front of a subway train and seriously injuring him.
The Beijing court said the man, surnamed Song and suffering from schizophrenia, was a "danger to public security", Xinhua reported.
The court rejected an application from the man`s family to take care of him themselves at home.
Song, a Beijing resident, was convicted of pushing a passenger, surnamed Li, onto the subway tracks from the platform in November 2012.
Li was badly injured by the train. Song was put under protective restraint measures in January after an assessment proved that he was suffering from mental illness and should be exempt from criminal penalties.
Song, whose mental illness was diagnosed in 2007, had on many occasions in 2012 been accused of beating other people without reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming