Chinese woman detained over chopping boy`s ears
Beijing: A Chinese woman has been detained by police on suspicion of chopping off the ears of a six-year-old boy in Hubei province.
On Jan 28, Zhang Qihui, 35, is suspected of taking her nephew outside her house, chopping both his ears with a fruit knife and leaving wounds on his chin, after quarrels with her family members over housing construction in Xiangyang city, according to police.
The boy was later taken to a hospital, where only one of his ears was successfully reconnected, Xinhua reported citing a doctor in the hospital.
The boy is now in a stable condition and has been discharged from the hospital, the doctor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'