Chinese woman detained over chopping boy`s ears
Beijing: A Chinese woman has been detained by police on suspicion of chopping off the ears of a six-year-old boy in Hubei province.
On Jan 28, Zhang Qihui, 35, is suspected of taking her nephew outside her house, chopping both his ears with a fruit knife and leaving wounds on his chin, after quarrels with her family members over housing construction in Xiangyang city, according to police.
The boy was later taken to a hospital, where only one of his ears was successfully reconnected, Xinhua reported citing a doctor in the hospital.
The boy is now in a stable condition and has been discharged from the hospital, the doctor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days