Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall
Beijing: An unmarried woman in China`s Shanghai city delivered a baby in a washroom of a shopping mall, a media report said Monday.
The 22-year-old gave birth to a baby girl in the mall`s toilet Sunday. The woman, a local resident, was totally unprepared when she was overcome by labour pains inside a second-floor toilet cubicle at the Yong`an Department Store, Shanghai Daily reported.
A female sanitary worker was one of the first to hear the woman screaming for help. The sanitary worker, several store clerks and customers rushed to help her immediately, said store workers.
The woman and infant were rushed to a hospital.
Hospital officials later declined to reveal detail about the woman, saying the woman`s parents wanted to protect her privacy. She was discharged Monday morning.
The woman is reported to be a Shanghai local. Her boyfriend visited her at the hospital later and said he would raise the baby together with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack