Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall
Beijing: An unmarried woman in China`s Shanghai city delivered a baby in a washroom of a shopping mall, a media report said Monday.
The 22-year-old gave birth to a baby girl in the mall`s toilet Sunday. The woman, a local resident, was totally unprepared when she was overcome by labour pains inside a second-floor toilet cubicle at the Yong`an Department Store, Shanghai Daily reported.
A female sanitary worker was one of the first to hear the woman screaming for help. The sanitary worker, several store clerks and customers rushed to help her immediately, said store workers.
The woman and infant were rushed to a hospital.
Hospital officials later declined to reveal detail about the woman, saying the woman`s parents wanted to protect her privacy. She was discharged Monday morning.
The woman is reported to be a Shanghai local. Her boyfriend visited her at the hospital later and said he would raise the baby together with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?