Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall
Beijing: An unmarried woman in China`s Shanghai city delivered a baby in a washroom of a shopping mall, a media report said Monday.
The 22-year-old gave birth to a baby girl in the mall`s toilet Sunday. The woman, a local resident, was totally unprepared when she was overcome by labour pains inside a second-floor toilet cubicle at the Yong`an Department Store, Shanghai Daily reported.
A female sanitary worker was one of the first to hear the woman screaming for help. The sanitary worker, several store clerks and customers rushed to help her immediately, said store workers.
The woman and infant were rushed to a hospital.
Hospital officials later declined to reveal detail about the woman, saying the woman`s parents wanted to protect her privacy. She was discharged Monday morning.
The woman is reported to be a Shanghai local. Her boyfriend visited her at the hospital later and said he would raise the baby together with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city