Chinese woman kills self after failing entrance exam
Beijing: A 20-year-old woman in China killed herself after she failed to clear her college enterance exam for the second time.
Yang Yuan cut her left wrist with a fruit knife at her home Sichuan province, June 22 after learning the exam result. In her suicide note, she apologised to her parents for her failure, China Daily reported.
Her father, a migrant worker in Lhasa, capital of the Tibet region, was waiting for his daughter to call him that day and hear from her about the result. Instead, he got a call from his wife, telling him that their daughter was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'