Chinese woman kills self after failing entrance exam
Beijing: A 20-year-old woman in China killed herself after she failed to clear her college enterance exam for the second time.
Yang Yuan cut her left wrist with a fruit knife at her home Sichuan province, June 22 after learning the exam result. In her suicide note, she apologised to her parents for her failure, China Daily reported.
Her father, a migrant worker in Lhasa, capital of the Tibet region, was waiting for his daughter to call him that day and hear from her about the result. Instead, he got a call from his wife, telling him that their daughter was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?