Chinese woman sentenced for slapping bus drivers to death
Beijing: A Chinese woman, who slapped a bus driver to death, on Tuesday received a three year suspended sentence on the ground that she repented her action.
Defendant Xu Yumin, 41 had an argument with driver Luo Xingang, 39, on May 8 when she was prevented from getting off through the entrance-only front door in the provincial capital of Harbin, the court which tried her said.
Xu took the same bus again on the evening of May 12 and slapped Luo, causing a fatal brain hemorrhage.
Xu was detained after he died in hospital of a cerebral haemorrhage.
Xu`s attack caused Luo`s death and Xu`s behavior constituted the crime of negligent homicide, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
As Xu showed repentance, she was given a three-year sentence, suspended for four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what