Chinese woman sentenced for slapping bus drivers to death
Beijing: A Chinese woman, who slapped a bus driver to death, on Tuesday received a three year suspended sentence on the ground that she repented her action.
Defendant Xu Yumin, 41 had an argument with driver Luo Xingang, 39, on May 8 when she was prevented from getting off through the entrance-only front door in the provincial capital of Harbin, the court which tried her said.
Xu took the same bus again on the evening of May 12 and slapped Luo, causing a fatal brain hemorrhage.
Xu was detained after he died in hospital of a cerebral haemorrhage.
Xu`s attack caused Luo`s death and Xu`s behavior constituted the crime of negligent homicide, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
As Xu showed repentance, she was given a three-year sentence, suspended for four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel