Chinese woman sentenced for slapping bus drivers to death
Beijing: A Chinese woman, who slapped a bus driver to death, on Tuesday received a three year suspended sentence on the ground that she repented her action.
Defendant Xu Yumin, 41 had an argument with driver Luo Xingang, 39, on May 8 when she was prevented from getting off through the entrance-only front door in the provincial capital of Harbin, the court which tried her said.
Xu took the same bus again on the evening of May 12 and slapped Luo, causing a fatal brain hemorrhage.
Xu was detained after he died in hospital of a cerebral haemorrhage.
Xu`s attack caused Luo`s death and Xu`s behavior constituted the crime of negligent homicide, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
As Xu showed repentance, she was given a three-year sentence, suspended for four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara