Chinese woman`s suicide bid goes wrong
Beijing: Not all was well with her suicide attempt. Er, all was indeed well..., except the blushes it caused her.
A suicide attempt by jumping into a well turned major embarrassment for a woman in China`s Shangdong province after she got stuck in it due to her oversize.
The woman of Jiehe town jumped Sunday morning, fearing being scolded by her husband for not paying heed to him and removing greenhouse film earlier than asked to, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Ignoring the husband`s advice caused the family four mu (2,700 square metres) of potatoes to perish in cold weather.
As she jumped, she got trapped about three metres down the well. After her groaning drew some villagers` attention, they called police who pulled her out with a rope.
The woman later regretted having attempted such a silly thing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test