Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet
Beijing: Five female pilots have become China`s first women to fly the J-10 combat aircraft, the country`s most advanced fighter jet, a media report said.
J-10, also called the Vigorous Dragon, is a multirole combat aircraft capable of air-to-air combat and ground-attack missions, the China Daily reported Friday.
The five women were among China`s first group of 16 female fighter pilots.
They have completed their first solo flights navigating the J-10 in late July.
The Air Force first began to recruit female combat pilots in 2005.
China has trained about 500 female pilots since women were first permitted to enroll in flight schools in 1951.
They have completed various missions, including emergency rescue and relief.
China also plans to train women pilots to fly bombers, early-warning aircraft and tanker aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II