Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet
Beijing: Five female pilots have become China`s first women to fly the J-10 combat aircraft, the country`s most advanced fighter jet, a media report said.
J-10, also called the Vigorous Dragon, is a multirole combat aircraft capable of air-to-air combat and ground-attack missions, the China Daily reported Friday.
The five women were among China`s first group of 16 female fighter pilots.
They have completed their first solo flights navigating the J-10 in late July.
The Air Force first began to recruit female combat pilots in 2005.
China has trained about 500 female pilots since women were first permitted to enroll in flight schools in 1951.
They have completed various missions, including emergency rescue and relief.
China also plans to train women pilots to fly bombers, early-warning aircraft and tanker aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll