Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet
Beijing: Five female pilots have become China`s first women to fly the J-10 combat aircraft, the country`s most advanced fighter jet, a media report said.
J-10, also called the Vigorous Dragon, is a multirole combat aircraft capable of air-to-air combat and ground-attack missions, the China Daily reported Friday.
The five women were among China`s first group of 16 female fighter pilots.
They have completed their first solo flights navigating the J-10 in late July.
The Air Force first began to recruit female combat pilots in 2005.
China has trained about 500 female pilots since women were first permitted to enroll in flight schools in 1951.
They have completed various missions, including emergency rescue and relief.
China also plans to train women pilots to fly bombers, early-warning aircraft and tanker aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180