Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet
Beijing: Five female pilots have become China`s first women to fly the J-10 combat aircraft, the country`s most advanced fighter jet, a media report said.
J-10, also called the Vigorous Dragon, is a multirole combat aircraft capable of air-to-air combat and ground-attack missions, the China Daily reported Friday.
The five women were among China`s first group of 16 female fighter pilots.
They have completed their first solo flights navigating the J-10 in late July.
The Air Force first began to recruit female combat pilots in 2005.
China has trained about 500 female pilots since women were first permitted to enroll in flight schools in 1951.
They have completed various missions, including emergency rescue and relief.
China also plans to train women pilots to fly bombers, early-warning aircraft and tanker aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees