Chlorine gas leak sickens 300 in N Nigeria
Kaduna: A chlorine gas leak led 300
people to fall ill in northern Nigeria after a welder cut into
a tank of the noxious gas, Nigerian environmental officials
John Odey, a spokesman for Nigeria`s Environmental
Ministry, said the leak started yesterday afternoon in Kaduna.
He said people became ill and passed out after breathing in
Odey said emergency services controlled the leak this
morning after soaking the tank in water.
Industrial disasters occur regularly in oil-rich Nigeria,
Africa`s most populous nation, either from carelessness,
failing pipelines or theft. In 2008, an oil pipeline explosion
in Lagos killed 100 people, while more than 400 people died in
two similar explosions in the megacity in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH