Chlorine gas leak sickens 300 in N Nigeria
Kaduna: A chlorine gas leak led 300
people to fall ill in northern Nigeria after a welder cut into
a tank of the noxious gas, Nigerian environmental officials
John Odey, a spokesman for Nigeria`s Environmental
Ministry, said the leak started yesterday afternoon in Kaduna.
He said people became ill and passed out after breathing in
Odey said emergency services controlled the leak this
morning after soaking the tank in water.
Industrial disasters occur regularly in oil-rich Nigeria,
Africa`s most populous nation, either from carelessness,
failing pipelines or theft. In 2008, an oil pipeline explosion
in Lagos killed 100 people, while more than 400 people died in
two similar explosions in the megacity in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video