Christian bishop asks Hezbollah not to air Jesus film
Beirut: A Lebanese Christian Maronite bishop called late Thursday on Hezbollah television to stop airing a Ramadan series called Al Maseeh, Arabic for Jesus.
Bishop Bashara al-Raai asked al-Manar television to stop airing the Iranian series because it conflicts with teachings of the Bible that are recognised by all Christians around the world.
Al-Raai called on all Lebanese media outlets to attend a press conference at noon on Friday, where he would explain further why the series should be stopped.
Al Maseeh is an Iranian production that started airing on al-Manar and another local Shia channel close to the Hezbollah movement on Tuesday, the first day of Ramadan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon