Christians mark Palm Sunday in Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Hundreds of Christian pilgrims are visiting the Holy Land to mark Palm Sunday, the day Jesus Christ made his triumphant return to Jerusalem.
The faithful are expected to march from the Mount of Olives to the holy city behind a white donkey, retracing Jesus` traditional route from 2,000 years ago.
Early Sunday, visitors walked down the cobblestone alleyways of the walled Old City carrying olive branches, palm fronds and crosses.
The day marks the start of Holy Week, which ends the following Sunday with Easter.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies