Christmas Day bomber has been cooperating: FBI
Washington: FBI director Robert Mueller says the Nigerian suspected of trying to blow up a US airliner on Christmas Day is cooperating with investigators.
Mueller told a House Appropriations subcommittee on Wednesday that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab has been cooperating with agents since his failed attempt to detonate a bomb hidden in his underwear on a Detroit-bound flight.
The Obama administration has come under attack from Republicans over the case. They contend the suspect should have been placed in military custody and not advised of his right to remain silent under the US law.
Mueller says that since his arrest and first court appearance, Abdulmutallab has been cooperating, in part because his family persuaded him to do so.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference