Christmas Day bomber has been cooperating: FBI
Washington: FBI director Robert Mueller says the Nigerian suspected of trying to blow up a US airliner on Christmas Day is cooperating with investigators.
Mueller told a House Appropriations subcommittee on Wednesday that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab has been cooperating with agents since his failed attempt to detonate a bomb hidden in his underwear on a Detroit-bound flight.
The Obama administration has come under attack from Republicans over the case. They contend the suspect should have been placed in military custody and not advised of his right to remain silent under the US law.
Mueller says that since his arrest and first court appearance, Abdulmutallab has been cooperating, in part because his family persuaded him to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read