CIA chief makes unannounced Israel visit
Jerusalem: An Israeli defence official says the head of the American CIA spy agency has made an unannounced visit to Israel.
The official says CIA chief John Brennan met Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon. He did not disclose other details.
The official spoke on Friday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the visit with reporters.
Brennan`s trip comes amid Israeli concerns about weapons transfers from Syria to the Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah.
Israel has carried out airstrikes aimed at halting arms shipments to Hezbollah.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to Russia this week to persuade Moscow not to sell an advanced air defence system to Syria that could complicate any possible aerial campaign.
Israel is also in close contact with the US over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today