CIA chief makes unannounced Israel visit
Jerusalem: An Israeli defence official says the head of the American CIA spy agency has made an unannounced visit to Israel.
The official says CIA chief John Brennan met Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon. He did not disclose other details.
The official spoke on Friday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the visit with reporters.
Brennan`s trip comes amid Israeli concerns about weapons transfers from Syria to the Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah.
Israel has carried out airstrikes aimed at halting arms shipments to Hezbollah.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to Russia this week to persuade Moscow not to sell an advanced air defence system to Syria that could complicate any possible aerial campaign.
Israel is also in close contact with the US over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh