CIA chief makes unannounced Israel visit
Jerusalem: An Israeli defence official says the head of the American CIA spy agency has made an unannounced visit to Israel.
The official says CIA chief John Brennan met Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon. He did not disclose other details.
The official spoke on Friday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the visit with reporters.
Brennan`s trip comes amid Israeli concerns about weapons transfers from Syria to the Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah.
Israel has carried out airstrikes aimed at halting arms shipments to Hezbollah.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to Russia this week to persuade Moscow not to sell an advanced air defence system to Syria that could complicate any possible aerial campaign.
Israel is also in close contact with the US over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'