CIA chief makes unannounced Israel visit
Jerusalem: An Israeli defence official says the head of the American CIA spy agency has made an unannounced visit to Israel.
The official says CIA chief John Brennan met Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon. He did not disclose other details.
The official spoke on Friday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the visit with reporters.
Brennan`s trip comes amid Israeli concerns about weapons transfers from Syria to the Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah.
Israel has carried out airstrikes aimed at halting arms shipments to Hezbollah.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to Russia this week to persuade Moscow not to sell an advanced air defence system to Syria that could complicate any possible aerial campaign.
Israel is also in close contact with the US over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state