CIA operative killed in Afghanistan: US official
Washington: A senior US defence official says an agent for the Central Intelligence Agency was among those killed in a suicide bombing at an Afghan intelligence office the latest so-called "insider attack" in the war.
The attack Saturday in Kandahar province killed four Afghan intelligence officials and two US intelligence officers. One of the Americans has been identified as a female solider 24-year-old Brittany B Gordon, assigned to a military intelligence company from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
The official said the other American was an operative working for the CIA. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to release the information on the record.
NATO says the bomber was a member of Afghanistan`s intelligence agency, but the Afghans deny that.
There was no immediate comment from the CIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder