CIA operative killed in Afghanistan: US official
Washington: A senior US defence official says an agent for the Central Intelligence Agency was among those killed in a suicide bombing at an Afghan intelligence office the latest so-called "insider attack" in the war.
The attack Saturday in Kandahar province killed four Afghan intelligence officials and two US intelligence officers. One of the Americans has been identified as a female solider 24-year-old Brittany B Gordon, assigned to a military intelligence company from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
The official said the other American was an operative working for the CIA. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to release the information on the record.
NATO says the bomber was a member of Afghanistan`s intelligence agency, but the Afghans deny that.
There was no immediate comment from the CIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire