CIA website falls prey to hackers
Washington: Notorious Internet hacking group Anonymous has claimed responsibility for bringing down the Central Intelligence Agency’s website.
“CIA Tango down,” a member of the hacker group tweeted.
“Tango down” is an expression used by the US Special Forces when they have eliminated an enemy.
According to news.com.au, the CIA site remained offline on Friday, and a spokeswoman said the agency was looking into the reports.
This would not be the first time the CIA website has been put offline.
In June last year, an Anonymous-affiliated group, Lulz Security, also temporarily disabled the CIA website.
Most Anonymous cyberattacks are distributed denial of service attacks in which a large number of computers are commanded to simultaneously visit a website, overwhelming its servers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials