CIA website falls prey to hackers
Washington: Notorious Internet hacking group Anonymous has claimed responsibility for bringing down the Central Intelligence Agency’s website.
“CIA Tango down,” a member of the hacker group tweeted.
“Tango down” is an expression used by the US Special Forces when they have eliminated an enemy.
According to news.com.au, the CIA site remained offline on Friday, and a spokeswoman said the agency was looking into the reports.
This would not be the first time the CIA website has been put offline.
In June last year, an Anonymous-affiliated group, Lulz Security, also temporarily disabled the CIA website.
Most Anonymous cyberattacks are distributed denial of service attacks in which a large number of computers are commanded to simultaneously visit a website, overwhelming its servers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?