Clashes, bombings kill 6 people in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say clashes between militants and government troops as well as two bombings at marketplaces have killed six people.
Police and hospital officials say one bomb exploded on Saturday inside a market in Baghdad`s Madain area, killing three people and wounding nine others.
They added that a double bombing near a market In the northern city of Kirkuk killed one and wounded 15.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media.
Hospital officials said that overnight clashes between security forces and militants in Fallujah, a city west of Baghdad, left two people dead.
Iraqi security forces and allied Sunni tribesmen have been trying to recapture territories overrun by al Qaeda in western Anbar province, including Fallujah and parts of Ramadi city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'