Clashes erupt in 2 cities in northern Egypt
Cairo: Clashes have erupted in two cities in northern Egypt, the latest demonstrations held against Egypt`s Islamist President Mohammed Mursi.
Hundreds of unidentified assailants threw stones and fire bombs on Friday at protesters rallying against Mursi`s Muslim Brotherhood in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria. Separately, protesters and riot police clashed after demonstrators tried to torch a Muslim Brotherhood office in the Nile Delta city of Zagazig.
The protests are part of a nationwide call to rally against what the protesters claim are unfair actions that Mursi has taken against the opposition.
On Monday, Egypt`s prosecutor general issued arrest warrants for five of Egypt`s most prominent democracy advocates and activists over allegations that they instigated violence last week near the Brotherhood`s headquarters in Cairo where nearly 200 people were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- See pic: Two giant pandas and cub celebrate their 10th birthday with 'ice cakes'!
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 70 times, applications cross 1 mn on Day 3
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home