Clashes erupt in Libya`s capital, 1 killed
Tripoli: A clash has erupted in Libya`s
capital, Tripoli, between a militia and residents, killing at
least one person.
The fighting involves a powerful militia from Zintan in
Libya`s western mountains and armed residents of a Tripoli
neighbourhood once loyal to ousted dictator Muammar Gaddafi.
The well-equipped fighters from Zintan are one of many
militias outside government control.
Zintan rebel commander Mohammed el-Rebay said one of his
fighters was killed today. He said the two sides are firing
automatic rifles at each other.
The clashes are taking place in Tripoli`s Abu Selim
neighbourhood, a pro-Gaddafi stronghold.
The opposition took control of the city in August and
later captured and killed Gaddafi.
After Tripoli fell, the Zintan rebels took over a school
in the district and converted it into a military base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video