Clashes flare at pro-Morsi march in Egyptian city, one dead
Ismailia: A high school student was killed when opponents and supporters of deposed Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi clashed in the city of Suez on Wednesday night, medical and security sources said.
The two sides exchanged gunfire and threw petrol bombs after supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood`s Morsi chanted anti-army slogans as they marched in the city, the sources said.
Abdullah Mohamed Attia, 17, died from a bullet wound, the state news agency reported. The student was a supporter of Morsi, the Brotherhood`s Freedom and Justice party said in a statement.
The European Union`s foreign policy chief is in Cairo this week to encourage reconciliation between the Brotherhood and the government installed after the army removed Morsi on July 3 following mass protests against his rule.
Since Morsi`s downfall, security forces have killed hundreds of pro-Morsi protesters, and senior members of the Brotherhood have been arrested - actions that drastically reduced the size of protests.
A pro-Morsi alliance said it would march on Tahrir Square in central Cairo on Sunday. Morsi supporters on Tuesday briefly protested in the square for the first time since the army forced Morsi from office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks