Clashes in Sudan; 22 killed, 25 injured
Khartoum: At least 22 people have been killed and 25 others injured in armed clashes in Sudan`s East Darfur state, Xinhua reported.
The clashes occurred between Sudanese Al-Rizaigat tribe and Sudan People`s Liberation Army (SPLA) of South Sudan.
"A force belonging to South Sudan`s SPLA attacked Balila area which is affiliated to Samaha area Administration in East Darfur state and abducted three children and six women. It led to the citizens of the area clashing with the attackers," Khartoum`s Al-Sudani daily on Thursday quoted an official as saying.
"The clashes resulted in the killing of 22 people and wounded 25 others who have been transported to Al-Dein hospital," the official added.
The residents later managed to destroy a camp belonging to the SPLA in Kataki area and confiscated weapons and military equipment from the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report