Clashes in Sudan; 22 killed, 25 injured
Khartoum: At least 22 people have been killed and 25 others injured in armed clashes in Sudan`s East Darfur state, Xinhua reported.
The clashes occurred between Sudanese Al-Rizaigat tribe and Sudan People`s Liberation Army (SPLA) of South Sudan.
"A force belonging to South Sudan`s SPLA attacked Balila area which is affiliated to Samaha area Administration in East Darfur state and abducted three children and six women. It led to the citizens of the area clashing with the attackers," Khartoum`s Al-Sudani daily on Thursday quoted an official as saying.
"The clashes resulted in the killing of 22 people and wounded 25 others who have been transported to Al-Dein hospital," the official added.
The residents later managed to destroy a camp belonging to the SPLA in Kataki area and confiscated weapons and military equipment from the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!