Clashes in Sudan; 22 killed, 25 injured
Khartoum: At least 22 people have been killed and 25 others injured in armed clashes in Sudan`s East Darfur state, Xinhua reported.
The clashes occurred between Sudanese Al-Rizaigat tribe and Sudan People`s Liberation Army (SPLA) of South Sudan.
"A force belonging to South Sudan`s SPLA attacked Balila area which is affiliated to Samaha area Administration in East Darfur state and abducted three children and six women. It led to the citizens of the area clashing with the attackers," Khartoum`s Al-Sudani daily on Thursday quoted an official as saying.
"The clashes resulted in the killing of 22 people and wounded 25 others who have been transported to Al-Dein hospital," the official added.
The residents later managed to destroy a camp belonging to the SPLA in Kataki area and confiscated weapons and military equipment from the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside