Clashes in Sudan; 22 killed, 25 injured
Khartoum: At least 22 people have been killed and 25 others injured in armed clashes in Sudan`s East Darfur state, Xinhua reported.
The clashes occurred between Sudanese Al-Rizaigat tribe and Sudan People`s Liberation Army (SPLA) of South Sudan.
"A force belonging to South Sudan`s SPLA attacked Balila area which is affiliated to Samaha area Administration in East Darfur state and abducted three children and six women. It led to the citizens of the area clashing with the attackers," Khartoum`s Al-Sudani daily on Thursday quoted an official as saying.
"The clashes resulted in the killing of 22 people and wounded 25 others who have been transported to Al-Dein hospital," the official added.
The residents later managed to destroy a camp belonging to the SPLA in Kataki area and confiscated weapons and military equipment from the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!