Clashes spread after Palestinian boy`s funeral
Jerusalem: Clashes between Israeli police and Palestinian protesters have spread following the funeral of an Arab teenager who Palestinians say was killed by Israeli extremists in a revenge attack.
Spokeswoman Luba Samri says riots erupted in east Jerusalem and spread to Arab towns in the north today.
Protesters burned tires and threw rocks and fire bombs at police who responded with tear gas and stun grenades. More than 20 people were arrested.
Tensions have been high since three Israeli teenagers were abducted in the West Bank on June 12, sparking a huge manhunt that ended with the gruesome discovery of their bodies earlier this week.
The unrest escalated in east Jerusalem after the burned body of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir was found in a forest. He was buried yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi