Clashes spread after Palestinian boy`s funeral
Jerusalem: Clashes between Israeli police and Palestinian protesters have spread following the funeral of an Arab teenager who Palestinians say was killed by Israeli extremists in a revenge attack.
Spokeswoman Luba Samri says riots erupted in east Jerusalem and spread to Arab towns in the north today.
Protesters burned tires and threw rocks and fire bombs at police who responded with tear gas and stun grenades. More than 20 people were arrested.
Tensions have been high since three Israeli teenagers were abducted in the West Bank on June 12, sparking a huge manhunt that ended with the gruesome discovery of their bodies earlier this week.
The unrest escalated in east Jerusalem after the burned body of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir was found in a forest. He was buried yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?