Cleveland kidnap, rape victim was gang-raped while in junior high
Washington: Michelle Knight, one of the three women abducted and held as sex slaves in a Cleveland home for roughly a decade, was gang-raped while in junior high school.
A year before Knight was abducted in August 2002, she was gang-raped while in junior high school and bore a child as a result of the ordeal, her great-aunt has said.
The boy, who she named Joey, was later taken from her and placed in foster care.
According to the New York Daily News, Deborah Knight, 62, said that Knight was a delightful girl, outgoing and was very helpful. She said that all that changed when three classmates "grabbed her by the arm and raped her at the school”.
Then, when Knight was at her lowest, Ariel Castro slithered into her life for 10 years, police said.
Her abduction, imprisonment and rape by Castro ended on Monday, when she and two other women escaped from Castro`s house in Cleveland. Also liberated was a six-year-old girl born to one of Knight`s two fellow captives. Knight, now 32, was forced to serve as a midwife during the delivery.
Freddie Knight, 30, the brother of Michelle Knight, visited her in the hospital on the night that she was rescued. He said that her sister wants to start a new life, have the whole family there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!