Clint Eastwood stars in pro-Romney ad
New York: Veteran actor Clint Eastwood is starring in a new ad to promote Republican Mitt Romney`s election to the White House.
The 82-year-old `Dirty Harry` star says in the campaign that Romney is the man who can turn around the future of the US, reported CBS News.
"When someone doesn`t get the job done, you have to hold them accountable. Obama`s second term would be a rerun of the first and our country just couldn`t survive that.
"We need someone who can turn it around fast and that man is Mitt Romney. There`s not much time left and the future of our country is at stake," Eastwood says in the campaign commercial from American Crossroads.
The last time Eastwood was in the spotlight on Romney`s behalf, the actor-director was derided for speaking to an empty chair and his rambling monologue at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
This time, there are stark images that evoke people looking for work and the trade imbalance with China, as Eastwood`s voice is heard talking about "23 million people can`t find full-time work" and "we borrow USD 4 billion every single day."
The ad, "At Stake," will run in seven states - Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia - and is part of a larger USD 12.6 million multi-ad campaign and is in addition to the USD 4.2 million ad buy targeting women voters released Tuesday by sister organization Crossroads GPS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...