Clinton condemns Tel Aviv bombing
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Wednesday condemned the Tel Aviv bombing, with an outraged White House reaffirming America`s unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security.
"The United States strongly condemns this terrorist attack and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the people of Israel," Clinton said in a statement.
The Secretary of State is currently on a fire fighting mission in the region. Last night she met the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.
"As I arrive in Cairo, I am closely monitoring reports from Tel Aviv, and we will stay in close contact with Prime Minister Netanyahu`s team. The United States stands ready to provide any assistance that Israel requires," Clinton said.
Condemning the terrorist attack on a bus in Tel Aviv, the White House said its thoughts and prayers are with the families of those injured, and with the people of Israel.
"These attacks against innocent Israeli civilians are outrageous," the White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, said.
"The United States will stand with our Israeli allies, and provide whatever assistance is necessary to identify and bring to justice the perpetrators of this attack. The United States reaffirms our unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security and our deep friendship and solidarity with the Israeli people," Carney said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez