Clinton to lead US delegation to NPT review conference
Washington: Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton would lead the US delegation at the NPT review
conference to be held next week at the United Nations
headquarters in New York, where she would highlight the need
to strengthen the treaty.
Clinton will emphasise "the need to revitalise and
strengthen the grand bargain in the NPT: nations with nuclear
weapons will move towards disarmament, nations without nuclear
weapons will not seek them, and all nations have the right to
the peaceful uses of nuclear energy," the State Department
said in a statement ahead of the meet beginning on May 3.
The Secretary`s role underscores the Obama
Administration`s top-level commitment to revitalising and
strengthening the treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear
weapons, it said.
Other members of the delegation will be Susan Rice, US
Permanent Representative to the UN; Ellen Tauscher, Under
Secretary of State for Arms Control and International
Security; Tom D`Agostino, Under Secretary for Nuclear Security
and Administrator; and Susan Burk, Special Representative of
the President for Nuclear Non-proliferation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor