‘Closing Gitmo prison can be done by January’
Washington: The White House national security adviser says he`s confident the administration will meet President Barack Obama`s deadline for closing the Guantanamo Bay detention facility by January.
National security adviser Jim Jones says officials are working every day to find the right solution for dealing with suspected terrorists being held at the US naval base in Cuba.
But the Senate`s leading Republican, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, predicts that the effort to close the prison will meet with strong bipartisan opposition in Congress.
McConnell argues there is no reason to close Guantanamo`s prison, saying it`s not broken and doesn`t need fixing.
Jones and McConnell appeared on "Fox News Sunday."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price