CNN host Larry King files for eighth divorce
Chicago: Noted CNN television interviewer
Larry King has filed for divorce from his seventh wife, citing
"irreconcilable differences" for the breakdown of the
76-year-old King filed papers in a Los Angeles court
yesterday to end his marriage to singer and infomercial host
Shawn Southwick King, who also filed her divorce papers the
"His major concern is the welfare of his children, and
beyond that he is not going to comment about the divorce,"
People magazine quoted King`s spokesperson Howard Rubenstein
King`s attorney Dennis Wasser added his client "would
like to do (these proceedings) amicably".
Southwick was married three times before and was the
seventh woman to marry King, who has so far had eight
King divorced a woman named Alene Akins in 1962 but
remarried her in 1967 before divorcing her again in 1972.
In the divorce filing, the TV host is seeking shared
custody of their two sons, Cannon (9) and Chance (11), besides
asking the court to deny his wife, whom he married in 1997,
any spousal support.
The separation date is listed as April 13.
Southwick King, 50, is seeking sole custody of the
kids with visitation for King, plus spousal and child support.
She is also claiming much of the real estate as her
separate property, including the Beverly Hills house she
shared with King.
But in King`s divorce filings, he has asked that any
property transfers during the marriage be null and void.
It has been rumoured that the reason for the couple`s
split was an alleged affair between King and his wife`s sister
In addition to their two children, Southwick has a
28-year-old son Danny from a previous marriage.
One of the most prominent figures on US television,
the bespectacled King has been hosting the nightly interview
programme "Larry King Live" on CNN since 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read