CNN host Larry King files for eighth divorce
Chicago: Noted CNN television interviewer
Larry King has filed for divorce from his seventh wife, citing
"irreconcilable differences" for the breakdown of the
76-year-old King filed papers in a Los Angeles court
yesterday to end his marriage to singer and infomercial host
Shawn Southwick King, who also filed her divorce papers the
"His major concern is the welfare of his children, and
beyond that he is not going to comment about the divorce,"
People magazine quoted King`s spokesperson Howard Rubenstein
King`s attorney Dennis Wasser added his client "would
like to do (these proceedings) amicably".
Southwick was married three times before and was the
seventh woman to marry King, who has so far had eight
King divorced a woman named Alene Akins in 1962 but
remarried her in 1967 before divorcing her again in 1972.
In the divorce filing, the TV host is seeking shared
custody of their two sons, Cannon (9) and Chance (11), besides
asking the court to deny his wife, whom he married in 1997,
any spousal support.
The separation date is listed as April 13.
Southwick King, 50, is seeking sole custody of the
kids with visitation for King, plus spousal and child support.
She is also claiming much of the real estate as her
separate property, including the Beverly Hills house she
shared with King.
But in King`s divorce filings, he has asked that any
property transfers during the marriage be null and void.
It has been rumoured that the reason for the couple`s
split was an alleged affair between King and his wife`s sister
In addition to their two children, Southwick has a
28-year-old son Danny from a previous marriage.
One of the most prominent figures on US television,
the bespectacled King has been hosting the nightly interview
programme "Larry King Live" on CNN since 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark