Coal mine accident kills nine in China
Beijing: At least nine people were killed in
a coal mine accident that had been covered up for five days in
China`s northeast Heilongjiang Province.
The mine owner has confessed that nine miners have been
killed in the accident in Didao District of coal-rich Jixi
City on April 26, an official was quoted as saying by the
state run Xinhua news agency today.
The finding came after a joint provincial investigation
team arrived in Jixi yesterday, in response to rumours of a
coal mine gas explosion that killed about 10 people.
A family member of one of the victims, however, told
Xinhua that the accident was a gas leak.
The team were still investigating the accident at the
privately-owned mine that has a designed annual production
capacity of 40,000 tonnes.
The mine was suspected of illegal production as it was
ordered to close for renovation at the time of accident, the
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry