Coal mine blast in China kills 28
Beijing: An explosion at a coal mine in China’s north eastern province resulted in death of 28 people on Friday night.
The blast was reported at 10. 40 pm in Babao coal mine in Baishan city of Jilin province, reported the CNN.
Thirteen people were rescued from the blast site and are out of danger, the state-run Xinhua quoted the spokesperson as saying.
He added that the rescue work has been finished and the cause of the accident is under investigation.
Wang Rulin, Party chief of the province, and Governor Bayanqolu rushed to the scene to guide the rescue team, and also visited the injured workers who were receiving treatment at hospital.
The cause of explosion is not clear yet.
Chinese mines remain among the deadliest in the world, with frequent explosions of the gases released in mining. A government campaign to close small, illegally operated mines and upgrade equipment in other has markedly improved safety in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday