Cold freeze continues to paralyse normal life in US
Washington: Cold weather continued to paralyse normal life in US today and thousands of people in and around America`s Capital struggled to dig themselves out of the snow blizzard that hit the mid-Atlantic region over the weekend.
Federal government offices in Washington would remain
closed for the second consecutive day today as people
struggled yesterday to get to work.
Despite pressing into service emergency operations and
working round the clock since Friday, officials were not able
to clear the snow form major roads and areas, thus making
driving on road a public hazard.
Life has come to standstill since the blizzard hit the
region on Friday -- worst snowfall in this part of the country
Thousands of people are living without electricity
since then as power lines were damaged in several areas.
Even as the area has not yet recovered from the storm
that left record amounts of snow over the weekend, the
National Weather Service yesterday evening issued another snow
storm warning for today predicting 10 to 20 inches of
additional snow with strong winds and hazardous travel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason