Cold front to hit China: Met official
Beijing: A cold front will sweep across northwestern China on Sunday and Monday resulting in low temperatures and strong winds, China`s meteorological authority has said.
Temperatures will fall 6 to 8 degrees Celsius in northwestern China and eastern parts of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, with some parts seeing a drop of over 10 degrees Celsius, the China Meteorological Administration forecast in a statement on its website.
The cold front will move eastward and affect most of central and eastern China on Tuesday and Wednesday, Xinhua quoted an official statement as saying.
Northern regions will see temperature drops of 4 to 8 degrees Celsius, with temperatures in some parts dropping 10 degrees Celsius, the statement said.
Light to moderate snow or sleet will fall on the eastern Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, in northwestern China, and in regions along the Yellow, Huaihe and Yangtze rivers over the coming three days.
Both southwest Guizhou and central Hunan provinces will see heavy snowfalls and some parts of the two provinces will experience freezing rain, according to the forecast.
Freezing rain today had lashed 62 counties and cities in Guizhou.
All expressways in Guizhou were closed today due to freezing rain that has left 300 stranded, according to the provincial expressway management authorities.
The local government has dispatched 175 emergency vehicles and 1,520 personnel since Saturday afternoon to save people from the freezing rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!