Cold War over, Russia is NATO`s partner: Merkel
Lisbon: The former adversaries -- Russia and NATO -- have made a historic step to be closer to each other, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said at the NATO summit in Lisbon.
The Cold War is really over, she noted yesterday.
At the same time, she suggested not placing too great hopes on new cooperation between the parties at the initial stage.
The chancellor believes cooperation with Russia will become a turning point. The former military adversary at present becomes a partner. It is a change in cooperation that may be described as historic, she noted.
However, Russia and NATO have a long way to go before they reach considerable progress to ensure common security. But the fact that they enter this way is of exceptional importance, the German chancellor stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites