Cold War terrorist calls Osama bin Laden a martyr
Stockholm: The notorious Cold War
terrorist Carlos the Jackal is hailing Osama bin Laden as "a
martyr," saying he earned himself a place in history through
his terrorism deeds.
In an interview with Swedish Television the Venezuelan
terrorist says the former al Qaeda leader will still be
remembered in 100 years` time because "of what he has done,
the example he gave."
He says "nobody" will remember President Barack Obama.
Sixty-one-year old Carlos, or Ilich Ramirez Sanchez,
is serving a life sentence in France for killing two French
secret agents and an alleged informer in 1975.
He is also accused of having a role in two 1982
bombings in France.
He claims he met bin Laden as a teen when Ramirez
Sanchez tried to raise funds from wealthy Saudis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'