Cold War terrorist calls Osama bin Laden a martyr
Stockholm: The notorious Cold War
terrorist Carlos the Jackal is hailing Osama bin Laden as "a
martyr," saying he earned himself a place in history through
his terrorism deeds.
In an interview with Swedish Television the Venezuelan
terrorist says the former al Qaeda leader will still be
remembered in 100 years` time because "of what he has done,
the example he gave."
He says "nobody" will remember President Barack Obama.
Sixty-one-year old Carlos, or Ilich Ramirez Sanchez,
is serving a life sentence in France for killing two French
secret agents and an alleged informer in 1975.
He is also accused of having a role in two 1982
bombings in France.
He claims he met bin Laden as a teen when Ramirez
Sanchez tried to raise funds from wealthy Saudis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?