Cold War terrorist calls Osama bin Laden a martyr
Stockholm: The notorious Cold War
terrorist Carlos the Jackal is hailing Osama bin Laden as "a
martyr," saying he earned himself a place in history through
his terrorism deeds.
In an interview with Swedish Television the Venezuelan
terrorist says the former al Qaeda leader will still be
remembered in 100 years` time because "of what he has done,
the example he gave."
He says "nobody" will remember President Barack Obama.
Sixty-one-year old Carlos, or Ilich Ramirez Sanchez,
is serving a life sentence in France for killing two French
secret agents and an alleged informer in 1975.
He is also accused of having a role in two 1982
bombings in France.
He claims he met bin Laden as a teen when Ramirez
Sanchez tried to raise funds from wealthy Saudis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter