Colombia: 13 killed in military chopper crash
Bogota: Officials in Colombia say a Colombian air force helicopter has crashed near the Caribbean coast and all 13 people aboard have been killed.
Atlantico state civil defense director Jorge Fernandez says the aircraft crashed in a field in a rural area of the town of Sabanagrande.
Two officials who spoke on condition they not be further identified put the death toll at 13. Both say they were not authorized to disclose the number.
They say that the aircraft caught fire as it fell to the ground and that police and air force personnel were aboard.
Colombia`s air force says on its website that the Bell 212 helicopter crashed at 4:30 pm and that the incident is under investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference