Colombia ambassador to Russia quits amid rumors
Bogota (Colombia): Colombia`s ambassador to Russia Rafael Amador has told a local radio station that he`s quit his post amid anonymous charges of child sex abuse.
Amador today told Colombian radio La FM in an interview from Moscow that he`s stepping aside voluntarily so President Juan Manuel Santos and his government won`t be harmed by the rumors.
In the interview, Amador denied as "absurd" the charges that have appeared in Colombian media in recent days, citing anonymous young Colombians claiming he sexually abused them.
The Colombian Foreign Ministry`s press office says the government has not yet received a formal resignation letter from Amador, who became envoy to Russia in December 2011.
Colombia`s Embassy in Moscow didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press seeking additional comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress