Colombia ambassador to Russia quits amid rumors
Bogota (Colombia): Colombia`s ambassador to Russia Rafael Amador has told a local radio station that he`s quit his post amid anonymous charges of child sex abuse.
Amador today told Colombian radio La FM in an interview from Moscow that he`s stepping aside voluntarily so President Juan Manuel Santos and his government won`t be harmed by the rumors.
In the interview, Amador denied as "absurd" the charges that have appeared in Colombian media in recent days, citing anonymous young Colombians claiming he sexually abused them.
The Colombian Foreign Ministry`s press office says the government has not yet received a formal resignation letter from Amador, who became envoy to Russia in December 2011.
Colombia`s Embassy in Moscow didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press seeking additional comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre