Colombia: At least eight FARC rebels killed
Bogota: Colombia`s military says at least eight rebels have been killed in a bombardment and clashes with Army troops.
Defence Minister Juan Carlos Pinzon says the guerrillas slain include the leader of the 37th Front of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia.
Pinzon says the military bombed a FARC camp early Wednesday in northern Antioquia state. The defence minister says no casualties were reported among the Army`s special forces troops.
The FARC has an estimated 9,000 guerrillas and has been fighting the government for decades.
The guerrillas have continued inflicting casualties in recent ambushes and hit-and-run attacks on security forces. Authorities blame the rebels for two bombings that killed 16 people in provincial towns in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview