Colombia: At least eight FARC rebels killed
Bogota: Colombia`s military says at least eight rebels have been killed in a bombardment and clashes with Army troops.
Defence Minister Juan Carlos Pinzon says the guerrillas slain include the leader of the 37th Front of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia.
Pinzon says the military bombed a FARC camp early Wednesday in northern Antioquia state. The defence minister says no casualties were reported among the Army`s special forces troops.
The FARC has an estimated 9,000 guerrillas and has been fighting the government for decades.
The guerrillas have continued inflicting casualties in recent ambushes and hit-and-run attacks on security forces. Authorities blame the rebels for two bombings that killed 16 people in provincial towns in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail