Colombia: Blood of ex-Pope John Paul II displayed
Bogota: Hundreds of faithful have converged
on a cathedral in the Colombian capital to see drops of blood
of the late pope John Paul II, who was beatified last year.
The blood, contained in a glass case, was brought to
Colombia from Germany and placed at Bogota`s Central Cathedral
on public display.
"Colombian Catholics want to ask John Paul II through his
blood to intervene and make peace possible in the country,"
said Friday Juan Vicente Cordoba, secretary of the
Episcopalian Conference of Colombia.
Pope John Paul II headed the Catholic Church from 1978
until his death in April 2005. He was beatified in May 2011.
Thousands of Colombians have perished in a guerrilla war
launched by leftist rebels in 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America