Colombia: Blood of ex-Pope John Paul II displayed
Bogota: Hundreds of faithful have converged
on a cathedral in the Colombian capital to see drops of blood
of the late pope John Paul II, who was beatified last year.
The blood, contained in a glass case, was brought to
Colombia from Germany and placed at Bogota`s Central Cathedral
on public display.
"Colombian Catholics want to ask John Paul II through his
blood to intervene and make peace possible in the country,"
said Friday Juan Vicente Cordoba, secretary of the
Episcopalian Conference of Colombia.
Pope John Paul II headed the Catholic Church from 1978
until his death in April 2005. He was beatified in May 2011.
Thousands of Colombians have perished in a guerrilla war
launched by leftist rebels in 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets