Colombia puts volcano on red alert after dawn eruption
Bogota: Colombian officials raised the alert
on the Galeras volcano to "red," the highest level, on Wednesday and
ordered the evacuation of 8,000 people after a small dawn
The small eruption, which was not an explosion, occurred
at 04:00 GMT (0900 GMT).
Martha Calvache, under director of the state geological
service, said the volcano is "emitting ash and lava has been
detected in the crater."
"The volcano is in a very unstable phase," she said.
"There hasn`t been a major eruption or quakes, but in no
way can you think that nothing is happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic