Colombia seizes war arsenal from FARC rebels
Bogota: Colombian has seized a war arsenal from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) insurgent group in the central department of Meta, including high-tech equipments as night vision goggles and electronic sniper scope, Xinhua reported.
The police displayed the seized war arsenal Monday.
Several months of intelligence work led to the seizure of the arsenal, said Humberto Guatibonza, director of the elite Gaula police unit, during a press conference.
Police also "found two mortars, four machine guns (and) grenades, among other weapons," as part of the operation carried out in the town of Pororio in the department.
"The arsenal had been sold by the FARC`s 26th Front to a group of criminal gangs," said Guatibonza, who believed that the arsenal was intended to be used against law enforcement officials and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day