Colombia seizes war arsenal from FARC rebels
Bogota: Colombian has seized a war arsenal from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) insurgent group in the central department of Meta, including high-tech equipments as night vision goggles and electronic sniper scope, Xinhua reported.
The police displayed the seized war arsenal Monday.
Several months of intelligence work led to the seizure of the arsenal, said Humberto Guatibonza, director of the elite Gaula police unit, during a press conference.
Police also "found two mortars, four machine guns (and) grenades, among other weapons," as part of the operation carried out in the town of Pororio in the department.
"The arsenal had been sold by the FARC`s 26th Front to a group of criminal gangs," said Guatibonza, who believed that the arsenal was intended to be used against law enforcement officials and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj