Colombia seizes war arsenal from FARC rebels
Bogota: Colombian has seized a war arsenal from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) insurgent group in the central department of Meta, including high-tech equipments as night vision goggles and electronic sniper scope, Xinhua reported.
The police displayed the seized war arsenal Monday.
Several months of intelligence work led to the seizure of the arsenal, said Humberto Guatibonza, director of the elite Gaula police unit, during a press conference.
Police also "found two mortars, four machine guns (and) grenades, among other weapons," as part of the operation carried out in the town of Pororio in the department.
"The arsenal had been sold by the FARC`s 26th Front to a group of criminal gangs," said Guatibonza, who believed that the arsenal was intended to be used against law enforcement officials and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert