Colombia seizes war arsenal from FARC rebels
Bogota: Colombian has seized a war arsenal from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) insurgent group in the central department of Meta, including high-tech equipments as night vision goggles and electronic sniper scope, Xinhua reported.
The police displayed the seized war arsenal Monday.
Several months of intelligence work led to the seizure of the arsenal, said Humberto Guatibonza, director of the elite Gaula police unit, during a press conference.
Police also "found two mortars, four machine guns (and) grenades, among other weapons," as part of the operation carried out in the town of Pororio in the department.
"The arsenal had been sold by the FARC`s 26th Front to a group of criminal gangs," said Guatibonza, who believed that the arsenal was intended to be used against law enforcement officials and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price