Colombian air raid kills 12 rebels: Defence Chief
Bogota: The Colombian air force launched an air raid on a Marxist FARC rebel camp on Wednesday, killing 12 guerrillas, Defence Minister Gabriel Silva said.
"The Air Force, along with police, carried out an operation against the Teofilo Forero front (of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia), which resulted in a preliminary toll of 12 killed," Silva told reporters.
Silva did not say if any FARC leaders were killed in the raid, which took place near the rural town of Puerto Rico in Caqueta province in southern Colombia.
The FARC is Colombia`s strongest and oldest guerrilla group and has been fighting the government since the 1960s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?