Colombian air raid kills 12 rebels: Defence Chief
Bogota: The Colombian air force launched an air raid on a Marxist FARC rebel camp on Wednesday, killing 12 guerrillas, Defence Minister Gabriel Silva said.
"The Air Force, along with police, carried out an operation against the Teofilo Forero front (of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia), which resulted in a preliminary toll of 12 killed," Silva told reporters.
Silva did not say if any FARC leaders were killed in the raid, which took place near the rural town of Puerto Rico in Caqueta province in southern Colombia.
The FARC is Colombia`s strongest and oldest guerrilla group and has been fighting the government since the 1960s.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai