Colombian air raid kills 12 rebels: Defence Chief
Bogota: The Colombian air force launched an air raid on a Marxist FARC rebel camp on Wednesday, killing 12 guerrillas, Defence Minister Gabriel Silva said.
"The Air Force, along with police, carried out an operation against the Teofilo Forero front (of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia), which resulted in a preliminary toll of 12 killed," Silva told reporters.
Silva did not say if any FARC leaders were killed in the raid, which took place near the rural town of Puerto Rico in Caqueta province in southern Colombia.
The FARC is Colombia`s strongest and oldest guerrilla group and has been fighting the government since the 1960s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore