Colombian army seizes nearly two tonnes of cocaine
Bogota: Colombian security forces have seized nearly two tonnes of cocaine in an operation in northwestern part of the country, officials said.
Troops seized 1,786 kilograms of cocaine near the town of Puerto Escondido in Cordoba province on late Tuesday, the army said in a statement.
The cocaine belonged to rightwing militia group Black Eagles that was demobilised in 2006 as part of a peace process with the government.
The military said the consignment was ready for shipment. No arrests were made in connection with the seizure so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman