Colombian army seizes nearly two tonnes of cocaine
Bogota: Colombian security forces have seized nearly two tonnes of cocaine in an operation in northwestern part of the country, officials said.
Troops seized 1,786 kilograms of cocaine near the town of Puerto Escondido in Cordoba province on late Tuesday, the army said in a statement.
The cocaine belonged to rightwing militia group Black Eagles that was demobilised in 2006 as part of a peace process with the government.
The military said the consignment was ready for shipment. No arrests were made in connection with the seizure so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Andy Murray keen to win another Grand Slam title before turning 30
- Hong Kong''s first suspected Zika case tests negative: Radio
- One policeman killed in South Kashmir
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session