Colombian army seizes nearly two tonnes of cocaine
Bogota: Colombian security forces have seized nearly two tonnes of cocaine in an operation in northwestern part of the country, officials said.
Troops seized 1,786 kilograms of cocaine near the town of Puerto Escondido in Cordoba province on late Tuesday, the army said in a statement.
The cocaine belonged to rightwing militia group Black Eagles that was demobilised in 2006 as part of a peace process with the government.
The military said the consignment was ready for shipment. No arrests were made in connection with the seizure so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read