Colombian journalist murdered after death threats
A Colombian journalist who had received death threats and survived an attack in 2010, was murdered in Caqueta province.
Bogota: A Colombian journalist who had received death threats and survived an attack in 2010, was murdered in Caqueta province.
According to a Press Freedom Foundation statement issued Sunday, Peralta, 63, worked for the Linda Stereo radio station and was killed near his home in the town of El Doncello.
The journalist`s wife was injured in the attack and was taken to a hospital.
The veteran newsman had told a colleague that he had received threats, although he provided no details and did not report the threats to the authorities, the statement said.
Peralta was well known for "engaging in exposure journalism and his voice was heard in five cities in the northern part of the province," the statement added.
In 2010, police defused a bomb that had been left in front of the radio station and was designed to be detonated using a cell phone.