`Colombian prostitutes could be Russian spies`
London: A US senator has claimed that the prostitutes who were involved in Colombia with President Barack Obama`s Secret Service agents could have been placed there on behalf of Russia.
An advance team of agents, in Colombia ahead of Obama`s attendance at the Summit of Americas, were accused of bringing prostitutes to their hotel. A total of 12 Secret Service members and 12 military personnel were probed. Nine Secret Service agents have resigned and three have been cleared of misconduct, The Sun reported.
The incident came to light after one of the prostitutes went to police after the Americans allegedly refused to pay her.
US Senator Chuck Grassley has now claimed she could have been placed there to lure the agents.
"We`re looking at something that is very, very serious when national security might not be protected properly. Who knows who might be using prostitutes? The Russians are famous for that to get information out of us," Grassley was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden