`Colombian prostitutes could be Russian spies`
London: A US senator has claimed that the prostitutes who were involved in Colombia with President Barack Obama`s Secret Service agents could have been placed there on behalf of Russia.
An advance team of agents, in Colombia ahead of Obama`s attendance at the Summit of Americas, were accused of bringing prostitutes to their hotel. A total of 12 Secret Service members and 12 military personnel were probed. Nine Secret Service agents have resigned and three have been cleared of misconduct, The Sun reported.
The incident came to light after one of the prostitutes went to police after the Americans allegedly refused to pay her.
US Senator Chuck Grassley has now claimed she could have been placed there to lure the agents.
"We`re looking at something that is very, very serious when national security might not be protected properly. Who knows who might be using prostitutes? The Russians are famous for that to get information out of us," Grassley was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you