`Colombian prostitutes could be Russian spies`
London: A US senator has claimed that the prostitutes who were involved in Colombia with President Barack Obama`s Secret Service agents could have been placed there on behalf of Russia.
An advance team of agents, in Colombia ahead of Obama`s attendance at the Summit of Americas, were accused of bringing prostitutes to their hotel. A total of 12 Secret Service members and 12 military personnel were probed. Nine Secret Service agents have resigned and three have been cleared of misconduct, The Sun reported.
The incident came to light after one of the prostitutes went to police after the Americans allegedly refused to pay her.
US Senator Chuck Grassley has now claimed she could have been placed there to lure the agents.
"We`re looking at something that is very, very serious when national security might not be protected properly. Who knows who might be using prostitutes? The Russians are famous for that to get information out of us," Grassley was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!