Colombian rebels kill 12 soldiers
Bogota: At least 12 army soldiers were killed in clashes with rebels in northern Colombia on Monday, officials said.
The fighting between Colombian Army soldiers and the rebel of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC) erupted in the northern Guajira department near the Venezuelan border, Xinhua reported.
"We have received reports of the death of 12 soldiers and the wounding of four others who are receiving medical care in hospitals in Maicao," the capital of Guajira, local government spokesperson Yusti Lopez said.
President Hugo Chavez has ordered increased security along the border with Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city