Colombian rebels kill 12 soldiers
Bogota: At least 12 army soldiers were killed in clashes with rebels in northern Colombia on Monday, officials said.
The fighting between Colombian Army soldiers and the rebel of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC) erupted in the northern Guajira department near the Venezuelan border, Xinhua reported.
"We have received reports of the death of 12 soldiers and the wounding of four others who are receiving medical care in hospitals in Maicao," the capital of Guajira, local government spokesperson Yusti Lopez said.
President Hugo Chavez has ordered increased security along the border with Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'