Colorado shooting: Miscarriage won`t affect charges
Denver: A former prosecutor says that James Holmes, the man suspected of shooting and killing 12 people and wounding 58 others at a Colorado theatre, won`t face an additional homicide charge after one of the victims who was critically injured suffered a miscarriage.
Defence attorney Karen Steinhauser, a former prosecutor and current adjunct professor at the University of Denver, says homicide charges in Colorado only apply to those "who had been born and alive."
The family of Ashley Moser, who was critically wounded in the July 20 shooting in Aurora, said in a statement yesterday she is recovering from surgery but the trauma caused the miscarriage.
Moser suffered wounds to her neck and abdomen. Her daughter, 6-year-old Veronica Moser-Sullivan, died in the attack.
The suspected gunman, James Holmes, is due to be arraigned Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack