Colorado suspect ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’
Washington: James Holmes, who has been suspected of killing 12 people during the screening of the latest Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises,`` has reportedly claimed that he has no idea why he ended up in prison.
According to a jail worker, Holmes has said that he ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’.
“He asked, ‘Why am I here?” the New York Daily News quoted the jail worker, as saying.
According to the paper, the worker also claimed that Holmes was also complaining of a stomach ache caused by jail food.
“He’s claiming his belly hurts him. He complained once that he didn’t like the food. The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?” the worker said.
Holmes, 24, has been suspected of shooting a dozen people to death and wounding 58 more at a screening of the new Batman movie at a movie hall in Denver.
The jail worker said most folks inside the county lockup consider Holmes’ memory loss a ruse.
“He needs to save his act for the jury because no one here is buying it. Everyone is convinced he is faking it,” the worker added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies