Colorado suspect ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’
Washington: James Holmes, who has been suspected of killing 12 people during the screening of the latest Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises,`` has reportedly claimed that he has no idea why he ended up in prison.
According to a jail worker, Holmes has said that he ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’.
“He asked, ‘Why am I here?” the New York Daily News quoted the jail worker, as saying.
According to the paper, the worker also claimed that Holmes was also complaining of a stomach ache caused by jail food.
“He’s claiming his belly hurts him. He complained once that he didn’t like the food. The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?” the worker said.
Holmes, 24, has been suspected of shooting a dozen people to death and wounding 58 more at a screening of the new Batman movie at a movie hall in Denver.
The jail worker said most folks inside the county lockup consider Holmes’ memory loss a ruse.
“He needs to save his act for the jury because no one here is buying it. Everyone is convinced he is faking it,” the worker added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends