Colorado suspect ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’
Washington: James Holmes, who has been suspected of killing 12 people during the screening of the latest Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises,`` has reportedly claimed that he has no idea why he ended up in prison.
According to a jail worker, Holmes has said that he ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’.
“He asked, ‘Why am I here?” the New York Daily News quoted the jail worker, as saying.
According to the paper, the worker also claimed that Holmes was also complaining of a stomach ache caused by jail food.
“He’s claiming his belly hurts him. He complained once that he didn’t like the food. The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?” the worker said.
Holmes, 24, has been suspected of shooting a dozen people to death and wounding 58 more at a screening of the new Batman movie at a movie hall in Denver.
The jail worker said most folks inside the county lockup consider Holmes’ memory loss a ruse.
“He needs to save his act for the jury because no one here is buying it. Everyone is convinced he is faking it,” the worker added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam