Colorado suspect ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’
Washington: James Holmes, who has been suspected of killing 12 people during the screening of the latest Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises,`` has reportedly claimed that he has no idea why he ended up in prison.
According to a jail worker, Holmes has said that he ‘doesn’t know why he’s in jail’.
“He asked, ‘Why am I here?” the New York Daily News quoted the jail worker, as saying.
According to the paper, the worker also claimed that Holmes was also complaining of a stomach ache caused by jail food.
“He’s claiming his belly hurts him. He complained once that he didn’t like the food. The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?” the worker said.
Holmes, 24, has been suspected of shooting a dozen people to death and wounding 58 more at a screening of the new Batman movie at a movie hall in Denver.
The jail worker said most folks inside the county lockup consider Holmes’ memory loss a ruse.
“He needs to save his act for the jury because no one here is buying it. Everyone is convinced he is faking it,” the worker added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times