Comedian Bill Maher best pick for new pope: Hillary Clinton
Washington: Liberal comic Bill Maher has said former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should become the new pope.
On HBO`s Real Time, Maher joked that the church needs a woman pope, adding that Hillary Clinton has just finished her stint as Secretary of State and maybe Pope Hillary could clean up the church.
He added that if there`s anyone who knows how to handle a guy who can`t keep his hands to himself it`s her, Politico reports.
According to the report, Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation earlier this week, launching speculation for who his successor will be.
Earlier in the programme Maher said that it was not Catholics` fault for losing faith in the Church because it is `hostile to women`.
He said that no one can fault you for losing faith in an organization that won`t even allow women as priests because the reasoning goes Jesus didn`t have any female apostles.
Maher mused that if not Hillary Oprah would be the next right candidate for the Pope.
He said that `if not Hillary, pope-rah, adding that `Jesus turned water into wine. Oprah whines about retaining water. Plus she`s practiced at hearing confessions and, of course, she`s celibate," the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on