Comedian Bill Maher best pick for new pope: Hillary Clinton
Washington: Liberal comic Bill Maher has said former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should become the new pope.
On HBO`s Real Time, Maher joked that the church needs a woman pope, adding that Hillary Clinton has just finished her stint as Secretary of State and maybe Pope Hillary could clean up the church.
He added that if there`s anyone who knows how to handle a guy who can`t keep his hands to himself it`s her, Politico reports.
According to the report, Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation earlier this week, launching speculation for who his successor will be.
Earlier in the programme Maher said that it was not Catholics` fault for losing faith in the Church because it is `hostile to women`.
He said that no one can fault you for losing faith in an organization that won`t even allow women as priests because the reasoning goes Jesus didn`t have any female apostles.
Maher mused that if not Hillary Oprah would be the next right candidate for the Pope.
He said that `if not Hillary, pope-rah, adding that `Jesus turned water into wine. Oprah whines about retaining water. Plus she`s practiced at hearing confessions and, of course, she`s celibate," the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi