Coming soon, a movie on the Wall Street protests
New York: A pair of New York filmmakers are
joining forces with scores of people around the country to
make a documentary on the month-long `Occupy Wall Street`
protests to provide an accurate and "up-close" view of the
movement from multiple perspectives.
Aaron Aites and Audrey Ewell, filmmakers from Brooklyn
here, are partnering with more than 50 people from a dozen
American cities to bring together footage from protests in
cities including Seattle, Austin, Miami, Nashville, Chicago
Ewell said the inspiration to make the film, currently
titled `99 per cent - The Occupy Wall Street Collaborative
Film`, came from the need to fill "a screaming gap" in
mainstream coverage of the movement.
Referring to footage of the protests he saw on
television, Aites said, "I`m tired of seeing people drumming
that is fairly indistinguishable from the parking lot of a
Grateful Dead show."
The duo said most of the coverage appears superficial and
occasionally mocking, a report in the New York Times said.
"The role of the film is to provide an accurate, up-close
view of the movement from multiple perspectives including
critical ones," it said.
The filmmakers are also trying to speak to "outside
parties", including economists, hedge-fund managers, police
and the mayor’s office to get a balanced and unbiased view on
So far, the amateur and professional filmmakers who have
signed onto the project have amassed more than 200 hours of
material from the Occupy protests.
More than 100 supporters have contributed USD 2,385 for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill